Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer is Here!

Summer has finally arrived and a lot has changed in the past week or so!

For starters, I, along with 6 of my coworkers, are without contracts for the next school year. (Charter schools have year-to-year contracts) Several teachers were given reasons as to why they didn't receive a contract (I was told that there weren't enough kindergartners enrolled for fall so I wouldn't get one until middle of summer or end of summer). The rest weren't given a reason at all and are still clueless. The principal won't return their calls either. I decided that if I couldn't get a contract when other staff got theirs, I wasn't going to wait around for one. I put up with enough of things over the past five years that I decided it was time to move on in my career. My jobless coworkers and I are all on the lookout for new jobs.

I have had a couple interviews so far. One was a no-go. The last one was a phone interview that has now been advanced to a site interview. I made it to the next round! I'm hoping to get back into that district as I student taught there and did a couple long-term sub positions. I really loved the district and have longed to get back into a normal school setting. My interview is on Thursday so wish me luck!!

Now that I am jobless (I still have my part-time summer job working with plants), I had to move all my teaching things into the spare bedroom of our townhouse. Boy, kindergarten teachers sure do collect a lot of things! I have organized a lot of my things but am now going through the papers and files. Hopefully I don't have to keep things in the spare bedroom long and can move into a classroom again.

My husband and I are on our 2nd day off together so far this summer. It's been very relaxing and stress free. Yesterday we went on a 10+ mile bike ride on a trail by our house. We later took our dog to the dog park and let him run with other dogs. We took a family walk later that evening and went just over 2 miles. It's been great not having to set an alarm and sleeping in! Tomorrow I will spend some time with my niece Ellie (she just finished 4th grade). She's been begging me to take her to the public library or the pool. Tomorrow will be a library day as I have an acupuncture appointment and then the farmer's market in the afternoon/evening hours.

I went in for blood work today as tomorrow will be cycle day 60. Yep, that's right, 60 days since I last had a period. I logged into patient services and found my results already. I'm not pregnant. Just as I thought. I will be starting a drug tomorrow to help bring on a period and start a new cycle. I'm hoping that being stress free now from my previous school, I can relax a little more and maybe be somewhat regular. Time will only tell. Our embryo transfer is still set for September. However, if I don't find a full-time teaching job, we'll have to cancel the transfer. Seems silly to spend over half a month's salary on a transfer that has only 45-50% chance success rate when we could use that money to pay for monthly bills. Again, only time will tell.

Until then, I am going to enjoy my summer vacation and not stress out about life. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment