Saturday, May 26, 2012

Three Day Weekend

My long weekend started with spending time with my husband as he took the evening off in thoughts that his half marathon was the next day. It turns out the race is actually on Sunday so we got to spend today together too! After I got done with school we headed to Menards to pick up some things we needed to do some landscaping along side our garage. We were given to ok to plant so we decided to go for it! Lucky for us, Menards has a 11% mail-in rebate going on so we'll get a Menards rebate check back this summer. Today was a rainy, gloomy day so we didn't get much done outside. We did get a lot of errands done around town though.

I mailed of another job application for a teaching position (that makes 9 so far this year). I even have an interview set up for next Friday in a city a little less than an hour drive from my house! It's for a kindergarten position. I hope I rock the interview because I would love to continue teach kindergarten!! Wish me luck! :)

I picked up materials to make graduation hats for my kindergartners. It's an idea I found on Pinterest/or the internet. I've "googled" so much these days it's hard to keep straight. Even so, I think the hats will turn out pretty cute. I've already have one made, but have the rest of the pieces cut put so I can make them at school this week. Much easier than making them at home and then bringing 26 fully made hats to school!

We stopped by my aunt and uncle's house to pick up dish towels (that were my grandma's/her mom's) that my aunt had started cutting into squares to sew together. She's not able to use her left hand much these days so I will be finishing the project for her. I will be able to keep what ever I don't use for the quilt. My aunt also said that I could have my grandma's sewing machine (she brought it to her house after my grandma passed away) whenever I wanted to come by and pick it up. I am super excited to get my grandma's sewing machine! I will probably have to have my mother-in-law show me how to use it since she knows about a lot of different sewing machines.

Tomorrow Adam is running his first half-marathon. It's suppose to be a high of 90 degrees tomorrow and about 80 degrees by the time he finishes the race. The race starts at 7:00 am so hopefully it doesn't get too hot for him to run. He said he's going to run and walk and not try try to set any personal records due to the heat/humidity.

Monday there is no school, but I will be working my part-time summer job since they will be busy selling lots  of plants. Help will be needed in the greenhouses. The nice thing is, all the money I make is going toward savings. By the end of the summer we will have enough for our next FET! :)

Tuesday, I am back to teaching. There are less than two weeks left of the school year!!! Bring on summer and a stress-free few months! :o)


***P.S. Don't forget to thank a Veteran, for it is the reason we have a three-day weekend. In case you don't know one, you can thank my husband. He's proudly been serving in the National Guard for over ten years (and luckily, been deployed only once)!


Adam and I at the Twins Home Opener April 2011. Adam was one of many soldiers who helped with the flag ceremony on the field. 

Me with my new (bought last year) army flip flops from MOA next to my husband and his army boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment