Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Children's Museum

I survived another yearly trip to the Children's Museum with my kindergarten class and the first grade classes. This year we went to the one in Saint Paul, MN (we alternate between there and La Crosse, WI). The morning started off a little crazy with a short coach bus (Our principal thinks it most cost effective to rent coach buses than to take our own school buses. I'm not sure it is, but who am I to complain to take a coach bus over a school bus?) and a long coach bus (I thought we'd be getting 2 long buses) so I had to figure out how many would fit on each bus instead of just putting kindergarten on one and first grade on the other (they each have about 16 students while I have 26 at the moment). We also had to have a 1:4 ratio so we had lots of adults going with. Then we came across the issue of parents who said they were coming and then didn't or parents who never mentioned they were coming and then showed up. It was a little hectic, but we got it figured out.

The bus ride up went pretty smooth. We got quite a few, "Are we there yet?"s...we had to keep telling them, "No, not yet."...We arrived just a few minutes after our schedule arrival time so we were pretty good for timing even though we left later than I had anticipated. The kids on my bus (the long coach) got saltines for snack since we were still on the road at our usual snack time. Lunch was an hour later than normal so I wanted to make sure my kids had something in their bellies.

The kids were super excited to explore the museum and were actually pretty well behaved! Things went pretty smoothly and we didn't leave anyone behind. The bus ride home was pretty quiet as most of the kids slept. I already have one kid ask me when we got back if we were going to go on a field trip again tomorrow. Oh, how they love their field trips! :)

Playing in the tree house on the roof top.

54 kids and 19 adults!

Postal Carrier :)

Face Painting

Seeing what they look like in a music video!


Playing the the sand on the roof top.

Water Painting

What 90% of the kids looked like on the way back to school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment