Saturday, February 23, 2013

February

I'm getting really bad about posting to my blog. Not sure if it's because there's not much going on in our lives besides work and school, or if it's because I don't feel like sharing my thoughts with the world, or that I just don't have time. While I liked that I was able to share my experiences of infertility as they were happening because I felt that if others knew what I was going through, they might understand. Well, as of now we are still on hiatus from any fertility treatments and it really, really, really sucks not being able to get pregnant no matter what we do. Obviously, having cycles that are 4-5 months in length aren't going to let me get pregnant, especially when those cycles are drug induced cycles. (Which I am now told I should take every 3 months to get a period.)

This brings me to the point of babies. Everyone (so it seems) is having them. There are people that are now on baby #2 or #3 since Adam and I first started trying to get pregnant (2.5 years now). While I don't know all of the troubles (or no problems) others have gone through to get pregnant (they aren't as vocal as I am!), it's still very frustrating when we've been trying so long. I hate that it bothers me every time I find out someone is pregnant. I've moved on past the crying stage. I'm now in the "that's nice" stage. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy people are having babies. I love babies! I just find myself not getting attached to the news so as to not let it bother me. This makes me feel so bad at the same time. When all the babies are born I want to congratulate the new parents with the excitement that I used to have when I heard of baby news, but I can't. It's too hard on me. To all my friends who's babies I haven't seen, I'm sorry I haven't been to visit you and your cutie or sent a card/gift. I feel like a crummy friend. I hope that one day my behavior towards others having babies will move out of the "that's nice" stage. Until then, I hope people just understand where I am coming from.

In other news, I survived my first conferences in a real public school! They were long nights, but I got to meet 20 out of 21 parents. The apple definitely doesn't fall far from the tree in many of the families. I could finally see why some of my students act the way they do! We are almost half way done with the 3rd quarter of the school year and I feel like there's so much more to accomplish before the year is done. I love just about every minute of teaching (minus the ones where I have to take time away from my teaching to redirect students who can't sit still or be quiet)! I'm starting to update my resume and application info to be ready to apply for a full time position for next year once one becomes available.

We haven't heard anything about Adam getting into the school of his choice to finish his degree. Hopefully we will find out by the end of next month.

We recently celebrated having Rocky be apart of our family for two years. We adopted him on February 18, 2011. We couldn't be more happier having him be a part of our family!

Coming up we will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary on February 26! Ten days later we will celebrate 3 years together! Time has gone by so fast. Time to find a recipe for Tuesday. We started a tradition of finding a new recipe and making it together on our anniversary. Last year we made fettuccine Alfredo from scratch (the sauce). I wonder what we will find for this year! Pics to be posted later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment