It's hard to be sad about not being able to get pregnant when there are worse things happening to those I love. I may not be able to give life to another human being, however, I am not fighting for my life like two people in my life. This past year has been rough for my only aunt/godmother (my mom's only sister, my dad was an only child) and for one of our friends.
My aunt was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) this past summer after suffering with pain and muscle deterioration for several months. She went from walking in with the support of a cane in May 2012, to walking with help from family, to getting around with a mobilized wheelchair made especially for people with ALS. This horrible disease is eating away at my aunt's muscles, but is not eating away at her spirit. She still has a smile on he face every time I see her. She will be having surgery to have a feeding tube put in because her tongue is getting tired from chewing her food. This disease has already slowed her speech and is now taking away her ability to chew her food. It really saddens me to see her this way because this is the same way I saw my grandma (my mom and aunt's mom) die from ALS back in 2001. I hated seeing my grandma go through it and I hate seeing my aunt go through it. My aunt is only 52 years old.
One of our friends is 30 and she is also fighting for her life. She was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer this past summer. She had surgery to remove the tumor. She's also been through chemo/radiation and and was even pregnant when she found out she had cancer. She found out yesterday that her brain brain tumor is back. We don't know what's going to happen, but we know she is a fighter!
So while I may be able to get pregnant, I am grateful I am not fighting for my life. It's tough enough to love someone who is. Please be grateful you aren't fighting to live. If you are, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know I could use a lot of thoughts and prayers for my family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment