Friday, March 15, 2013

Halfway There!

While it may not be a big deal to others, it's certainly a big deal for Adam and I! We are halfway to our goal for a third attempt at an embryo transfer!!!! Only took us over a year to save up, but we're halfway there! Realistically, we could pay for another transfer right now, but we choose not to take money from our other savings accounts at this time to pay for a transfer. The only way our FET (frozen embryo transfer) Savings gets money is from my sewing projects profits, alteration fees, loose change, selling household items via Facebook and any money we got at Christmas time. I have recently picked up hours (a few days a month on the weekends) to work at my dad's work in the greenhouses planting flowers. All of that money will also go toward our FET Savings. Still no date set yet for the 3rd transfer, but we won't set one until we have all the money upfront.

I'm currently working on a project (more like 3) for a lady who's friends with another lady whom I made 2 quilts out of baby clothes. This new lady wants me to make queen sized ones for each of her twin girls and a king sized one for herself. The beauty of it all is that she's already cut out the squares for me to sew together! All I have to do is sew the squares and then sew a backing on. These quilts are a lot bigger than the ones I made for the other lady but I'm less stressed for time since I don't have to cut the material. If you know anyone else who needs some handmade items, send them my way. It'll help Adam and I reach our goal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment