Thursday, May 9, 2013
Failure
On April 30th Adam and I decided to go ahead and attempt another embryo transfer. We thought that "third time's the charm" and that this time it would work. Unfortunately, it did not. Once again we are not pregnant. My BETA results came back at 1.3. Anything less than 5 is considered negative. We are not sure where to go from here as we only have one embryo left in cryo-preserve. Money is another issue. We saved up for a year for this last one (it took longer since I'm only working half-time). While I am almost guaranteed a full-time position next year and money won't be an issue, do we really want to attempt another round of IVF? Do we attempt surrogacy? While adoption is still on the back burner, I would like to try for a biological child first. So many things to consider. I also need time to get over this loss. We are heartbroken and devastated. Words cannot heal the pain I feel. Only when I'm able to hold my child in my arms for the first time will that pain ever go away. :(
Labels:
FET,
infertility
1 comment:
Andrea. I'm so sorry for your pain. I hope you next FET is the one that brings home your baby.
Post a Comment