Today I talked with an embryologist about the status of the 13 embryos that we created. (Remember: 20 eggs were retrieved, 16 were inseminated and 13 embryos developed). As of today, 5 days after the retrieval, 8 embryos have made it to blastocyst stage (5 day old embryos) and were each biopsied and then frozen!! 3 more are slow growing and the embryologists will look at them in the morning to see if they've grown enough to join the other 8. The other 2 embryos have stopped growing and will not make it to blastocyst stage. We are bummed about that but super excited that we have 8 embryos to test so far!!! It's more than we were anticipating. We now pray that the ones that are being genetically tested come back with no abnormalities. If all goes well we will attempt #4 for an embryo transfer. Prayers are appreciated!!!
More good news is that I did NOT overstimulate from egg retrieval this time!!! I've been feeling pretty good - almost back to my normal self! I have a few aches here and there but nothing compared to last time. I'm ever so grateful! I'm hoping to get back to the gym next week, depending on how I feel. I still have to take it easy with my ovaries. Looking forward to October/November for the next transfer if all goes well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment