Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Surgery Date Set

Tomorrow is Egg Retrieval Day!!! I gave myself the Lupron trigger shot (to trigger ovulation) last night at 8 pm as instructed. Tomorrow I should be scheduled for removal around 8 am. I have to report at 6:30 am. I'm so not a morning person, but at least I'll be able to nap the rest of the day. :) As of Wednesday, I had 30+ follicles of measurable growth. About 20 of them were of mature size to be retrievable. I'll be curious to see how many they actually retrieve this time. I'm also pretty sure I won't be overstimulating this time as my levels have been much lower than last time. This is due to the fact that one of the drugs I took different from last time. Also, since I had the Lupron trigger shot instead of the HcG shot, my likelihood of overstimulating is way down. Praying for a good number of eggs retrieved tomorrow and a good number of embryos created. We know that they are growing the embryos out to the blastocyst stage (Day 5 embryos) and then doing the biopsy of each embryo. We also understand that not all of our embryos will grow to Day 5. This is why I pray we have enough embryos to begin with so that we will still end up with a decent number of embryos after the biopsy. Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment