We found out this morning that out of the 20 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 16 were inseminated and 13 embryos were created. They will grow the embryos to blastocyst stage (Day 5 embryos) and then biopsy one cell from each embryo. The embryos will then be cryo-preserved until genetic testing has been completed. If all goes well, they'll thaw two embryos and we will do a transfer at the end of October/ beginning of November. I'm praying that at least 6 embryos grow to blastocyst stage. We won't know until mid next week.
One other good thing is that I'm feeling pretty good after surgery this time around. Doctors are pretty sure I'm not going to overstimulate so I'm not too worried. I'm still in some discomfort/pain, but it is tolerable. I feel less pain than before the eggs were removed so that's a plus.
No comments:
Post a Comment