We told everyone that our embryo transfer was going to be in mid to late October. The transfer (this was our 4th transfer) took place on October 16th. On that morning they transferred two healthy 5-day embryos (Genetic Testing confirmed they were free of abnormalities). My blood test was scheduled for 9 days after the transfer (October 25), making the embryos 14 days old, a.k.a 4 weeks pregnant. Things went smoothly for the transfer and we had positive thoughts that this was finally the time our embryos would stick! I felt fine the week after the transfer but was tired. Almost more tired than when we did the other transfers. I didn't really think anything of it because the medications (progesterone and estrogen) I have to take also cause me to be tired as well. Other than being tired I didn't really have any inkling of people pregnant. Just positive vibes!
I've never been able to wait to get results from the blood test so I've always done a home test a day before the blood draw. I decided to take the morning of the 24th. This time there were actually 2 lines!! I was shocked to say the least! Adam wasn't totally convinced. He wanted to see the blood test results first. I went out and bought more tests that night and took another test. The line was darker!! Adam started believing it a little more. The next morning (October 25th) I went in for my blood test. I wasn't nervous for it as I already knew I was pregnant. The results at lunch time showed my HcG level at 308! I was so happy to see this number! My results have always been less than 0.5. When I heard from the doctors, I was told that anything over 5 is pregnant and they like to see numbers above 50 for the first blood test. I was well above 50!! They told me to return on Sunday (the 27th) for another blood draw to make sure my numbers were increasing. They wanted to see my numbers go up by at least 60% so they were looking for me to get to 492 or higher. My test results came back at 972! I more than tripled my level! The doctors were pleased with this and said I didn't need to come back for anymore blood work. I was told to call on Monday to set up an ultrasound appointment for week 7. Our appointment is for November 20 as it was the only afternoon during our 7th week that Adam had off of work. I took a half-day for the appointment.
Yes, we told people early in the pregnancy of the fabulous news. We couldn't wait to share the news since so many people have been following our infertility journey over the last three years and have been really supportive. Most people don't find out they are pregnant until week 5 or 6 and keep it a secret until about week 12. With IVF, you find out at week 4, if not before like we did. We didn't have a problem sharing this pregnancy so early. One of the reasons is we've been trying for so long and people knew we were going to have another transfer. We also feel that our chances of miscarriage are low because of the genetic testing we had done on the embryos. That being said, we are still very cautious about this whole pregnancy. I don't think I will be at ease until the day I give birth!
My due date is July 4, 2014, according to IVF transfer calculations. We know that the embryos were 5 days old when transferred so it made calculating easy. I'm sure we will find out more at our next appointment. Until then, I will continue to take it easy, try to remain worry-free, and get lots of sleep! We continue to ask for prayers as we begin our new journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment