I was admitted to Triage around 10:30pm on Thursday night. I was able to go to the bathroom and that's when I saw the blood again. Once I got back to my room, the doctor did her checking and didn't see any traces of blood from my vagina so she thought that it was coming from my urine. Someone from the catheter team had to be called so they could get a urine sample. Not fun, but it had to be done. Of course the sample did contain blood. They sent the sample off to get tested but we wouldn't get results until the next day. Another doctor, whom I've seen before, came in and said that I could possibly have a UTI of kidney stone, since I've been having pain on my right side (which I attributed to Baby B). However, they wouldn't know the results until the next morning.
Before I could go home, they wanted to check the boys' heart rates and make sure I wasn't having any contractions. They had me hooked up to monitors for about 20 minutes. Both boys were doing great and I wasn't having contractions. During an ultrasound, we saw that Baby A was still head down, but was face up. He head is also dead center of my belly, determined to be the first one out! Baby B was still head up, but looking at his brother. When the doctor looked at my cervix, she said it was still long and Baby A's placenta had indeed shifted up, not blocking the cervix, which would allow me the option for vaginal delivery when the time came.
We finally got to leave the hospital around 1:15am on Friday. Adam and I were both exhausted. The doctors told me to call in the morning to get results. In the morning I looked at my lab results online but since I'm not a doctor, I couldn't interpret what they meant. I then looked at my pregnancy record and saw the doctor's notes. She said that "the urinalysis showed large hemoglobin. Given her mild flank pain, sins could be consistent with a renal stone. Gram stain negative, culture still pending. Will order a renal ultrasound to evaluate for stone." I ended up calling OB Triage when I was at school on Friday telling them I read the notes and would like to set up an appointment.
I took Friday afternoon off because I was able to get an appointment that afternoon. The sucky part was they told me I couldn't eat 6 hours before the appointment. That meant I had to skip my morning snack, as well as lunch. Ugh! When I was at my appointment, I notice the tech spent a lot of time on my right kidney, as that's where my pain has been. She didn't spend much time in the left kidney. She then had someone come in and double check her findings with the right kidney. Of course, they wouldn't share the findings until the doctors looked things over. They let me go home after my appointment so obviously the findings are not lie threatening. I did not hear back from the doctors so I'm hoping Monday they'll call me, or I will be calling them. No notes have been posted on my pregnancy record either. In the meantime, I'm still having pain on my right side and I'm still tired. Resting and taking it easy is what I'll be doing this weekend! I'm grateful the boys are doing well and that they will continue to grow inside me a little longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment