I finally got a call back from Mayo this morning with my results from the ultrasound on my kidneys. There were no masses found in my left kidney, but they found a 4mm mass in my right kidney. They asked me to collect my urine for 24 hours (this will be fun...not) for starters. I then have to strain my urine until the stone passes because they want me to tell them what it looks like (they don't need it). My three appointments on Friday are now six appointments. I need to fast for 12 hours prior to my blood work, at the Charlton building, on Friday morning (not fun for a pregnant lady who is used to eating small meals throughout the day!). I then have to have another ultrasound on the boys because the one they did last Monday was incomplete (I wondered why the ultrasound was so short. The tech was different from whom we normally have.) I then have to hop over to the Mayo building to fill out a kidney stone questionnaire. We have time to stop for lunch because afterward we have to visit the Gonda building for the echocardiogram that we've had scheduled for quite a while. We will be checking the hole in Baby's heart to see if it's made progress on closing. Then we will make our way back to the Charlton building for a consultation with Neonatology to discuss the findings of the echocardiogram to see what our options would be with Baby B if his heart doesn't close like th doctors (and us) hope. After that appointment we have a consult with one of the OB doctors in the same room. I better wear my tennis shoes as we will be doing lots of walking!
On Monday, I now have to take a half day off of work to meet with urology about my kidney stone. And I thought I could make it through a week with no appointments. I had another routine ultrasound and follow-up on Tuesday the 27th in the early afternoon, but that had to be rescheduled for some reason. Luckily, I was able to still have the appointments on the same day, but super early now. As far as I know, that's all I have for appointments this month! Hopefully the kidneys stone will pass with no complications. I haven't experienced excruciating pain yet as some have described when they have a kidney stone, but I'm still uncomfortable. I'm grateful I've made it this far in my pregnancy without too many complications!
No comments:
Post a Comment