Monday, April 9, 2012

Some People...Sheesh!

That old saying..."If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all?"...I came across that today. Some people just love to get into business that isn't their own and make negative comments. Yes, I have a blog, so granted people are able to view my words. Now I try to not complain about life, because really I enjoy my life, but there are times when I just need to vent. I'm so happy that I have so many supportive family and friends as my husband and I go through the whole infertility process. I don't think I know a single person who disagrees with what we are doing. They are all hoping for the best for us.

Anyway, back to my point of don't saying anything if you can't say anything nice. Well, some anonymous person left a comment (or two, maybe they were from the same person, I'm not sure) on a couple of my posts (good thing I have the right to view them before they get published). Once of the comments was left for my "No April Fools Joke Here" post: "Do you not consider embryos children? I would think you would be saddened that you have lost 3 babies, rather than rejoicing that you are saving $800."  Obviously, this person has never had to go through infertility treatments (but maybe they have) and had to deal with the roller-coaster of emotions that goes along with  the anticipation of a hopeful cycle and then finding out a cycle didn't work. I personally don't believe that embryos are children. You can choose to believe what you want, but don't push your beliefs on me or criticize me for what I believe. After having a year and a half of failed cycles, I have to look for the positives in any situation. I refused to sink into a depression every time a cycle fails, or embryos don't make it to re-freeze. I'm choosing to stay as positive as I can. 


The next comment was for my "Diapers, Diapers and more Diapers" post: Didn't you just post that you weren't sure how you would pay for more than 1? Getting a little cart before the horse aren't we? Well, aren't you just the bearer of sunshine? I don't think I know a single person who says they can afford kids, but they say you find a way to make it work. If we all waited until we could afford to have kids, we'd probably be having kids in our 40s. Some people choose to do that, and that's fine. It's their life and they can do what they want. So what if I want twins. Um, hello, who are you to tell me what I should think otherwise? Yes, money is tight, but who isn't keeping an eye on their own finances. I budget our money down to what each paycheck pays what each month. I know what is left over at the end of each month. Don't go and tell me how I should be spending my money or tell me what I should want in life. 


As you can see, if you go to these posts, the comments are not there as I refused to publish them. Obviously, I did put them in this post, but I had a point to make: If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. I refuse to let you drag me down into the dirt with you! Thank you to all my family and friends that have been by my side, and even if you don't agree with what I'm doing, you've kept your negative thoughts to yourself. :o)

3 comments:

Kristi Strelow said...

So sorry someone said those things. I doubt that person ever went through any trouble conceiving. I can't imagine what you've gone through, but I would imagine you would mourn those three potential babies as well as all the potential babies you might have had all those months you tried but didn't conceive. Before we got pregnant, I was disappointed and sad each month that the pregnancy test came back negative or I got my period on time, even if there was never a fertilized egg. This is not the kind of forum to criticize! Support, or move on.
And I COMPLETELY agree with your statement about affording kids. You make it work.

Amber said...

Wow. I cant believe someone would do that! Hopefully when they read this post they will feel awful about themselves. I'm glad you decided to call them out.

Personally I'm excited for you!

Andrea said...

Thanks ladies! I'm glad you both are supportive. @Krist, yes, I do mourn when a cycle fails or embryos don't make it. You have no idea how many tears I've shed! While I am saddened, I refuse to let it take over my life. I'm learning to find the positives in all of this. It's the only way to move on! :o)

Post a Comment