Monday, July 8, 2013
Tentative Date Planned!
We had an appointment this afternoon to get more details on our IVF process. First off I guess I have an under-active thyroid so I will be starting meds to make myself a "more suitable" environment for our embryos. Second, we found out we had to set up a meeting with the genetics people before proceeding with drugs. Wish we would've known that last month because now we have to wait until August 2 before we meet with the genetics people. If we are lucky, we might be able to start the drug process right away that day. Otherwise it won't be until August 9. In that case, egg retrieval surgery would be the week of August 19 sometime. It still gives me time since I'll still be on summer break. I'm just hoping I don't over-stimulate again because I don't want to miss teacher workshops the following week. I was hoping for an egg retrieval earlier in the month because of risk of hyper-stimulating, but at least this way I can move into my new classroom and be able to lift things before surgery (weight limit is 20-25lbs for two weeks after surgery). That's it for the updates on IVF. We're slowly making progress!
Labels:
infertility,
IVF,
OHSS
3 comments:
Glad you were able to get some "tentative" dates...I know you are a schedule kinda girl. Progress is good. Patience is HARD (I am really learning that right now) but stay positive and soon things will be moving along for you. Prayers to u and hubby...
Thanks Kate!...And yes, I am a schedule kind of girl. You should see my new planner!! :)
Progress is good even if it is slow. Hope you don't overstimulate. :)
Post a Comment