For many, summer is about to end. For me, it seems like summer was over long ago since I started working the new school year back in July. However, I don't think that it matters to me which season we are in, or whether it's "back to school" time, because I really love what I am doing. It's doesn't feel like work to me. I am probably happy and stress-free because I don't have the "paperwork" of teaching to do this year. I still get to work with kids which I love. I am looking forward to a year where I can get my own classroom again, but until then, I'm perfectly happy with what I am doing.
.................
Some of you may be wondering where we are in the world of infertility since we've taken a break since failed embryo transfer #2 back in April. As many knew, we were going attempt embryo transfer #3 in September but had to cancel due to lack of income. We decided to let my body do it's thing without drugs. Well, here we are. It's been 4 1/2 months since the time I had a cycle. No, I'm not pregnant. Since my ovaries have been hurting (due to multiple cysts growing on my ovaries thanks to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) for the past few weeks, I decided to give the doctors a call. They recommended I take the drugs to get a period since they recommend having at least 3-4 cycles a year. I guess that means I can't forgo the drugs this time. At least I should be pain free once I have a period. Then the counting begins again. Hopefully, I won't reach the 140 day mark again, but then there's always the drugs to get a period. I'm still hoping that me being stress free this year might help make a difference in how my body reacts to cycles and whatnot and maybe have a chance of getting pregnant on my own. If not, we still have two attempts left with the embryos we have still frozen.
................
My husband is finally back home from his annual two week training with the Army. Luckily, those two weeks went by fast since I was enjoying my job. Only 9 more annual trainings! Adam will have 9 years left after this December. He's going for 20 years so that he has retirement benefits. As long as there are no more deployments (he had one before I met him) I will be okay with him gone two weeks out of the year.
I ran/walked my first 5K just this past weekend and I did better than the goal I set for myself! I had a goal to finish in 40:00. I finished with a time of 36:07! I was pretty pleased with myself. I think I will set a goal of 35:00 for the race next year. I've got plenty of time to practice and better myself. Someday I'd like to be able to finish a 5K without having to stop and walk.
September is a busy month for us, as well as the rest of fall. Adam started back with 3 classes this semester (Anatomy and Physiology II, Chemistry and Economics). Just about a full-time class load and still working full time. I will be lucky if I get to see my husband two evenings a week! We also have lots of events on the weekend to keep busy as well. Adam works this weekend but we are also going to a birthday party for our nieces (one turning 1 on September 1 and turning 4 on October 10) and my husband's brother (turning 30 on September 17) at noon this Saturday. We have an ALS walk the following Saturday as well as a Twins Game in which we will be bringing our one year old nephew to since my sister, BIL and niece are attending a wedding/reception. The rest of the month gets busy as well, but I'll save that for the September post. :)
For all my teacher friends who are starting back this week, good luck with the start of the school year! I wish I could be joining you. Maybe next year. :)
2 comments:
I'm sure you will find a home at Longfellow.
I hope so. I really love it there. :)
Post a Comment