Sunday, September 9, 2012

Busy But Wonderful Day

Yesterday marked 2.5 years of Adam and I being together (yes, I like numbers and I'm crazy for remembering dates). We were quite busy too. In the morning we participated in the ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Walk. My maternal grandma died of ALS 11 years ago and my 51 year old aunt (my mom's sister) was recently diagnosed with ALS so we walked in her honor and in memory of my grandma.

After the walk, Adam and I headed over to the "Taste of (insert: Our City's Name)". We purchased tickets that allowed us to walk around to different stands and purchase food with our tickets. There were about 20 or so stands from different restaurants around town. We tried many different items and liked most of them. There was also music playing as well. The weather was great and we had a good time.

After the walk we picked up our nephew from my sister's house. He is a little over 15 months old. My sister, her husband, and my 10 year old niece were going to go to a wedding and my nephew wasn't going to go with. Adam and I had tickets to the Twins game for the night, but we brought Noah along with us. We've watched Noah many times before, as well as our nieces. However, this time I really felt like I got to play "mommy" since we were going somewhere with a nephew/niece that was out of the norm. (Plus he stayed the night with us.) We packed a backpack full of the essential needs for Noah and ourselves, an "umbrella" stroller, and a blanket. The packing of the backpack is something we normally do, but this time we got to make sure our nephew was taken care of as well. It felt great to take care of someone besides myself - and my husband ;) When we left the game, people in around us commented to us that our child was so well-behaved and quiet throughout the game. Even though it was our nephew that we brought, and not our own child, they didn't have to know that. It felt good to feel like a mom. I hope someday that will become a reality. I already feel immense love for my nephew and nieces, I can't imagine what it'll be like when I have my own children...someday. Until then, I thank my sister and sister-in-law for giving me the opportunity to watch my nephew and nieces because right now, they are the closest thing I have to having children of my own.

It was hard to capture Noah with a smile on camera, but he was definitely a happy boy when he was with us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment