Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy Weekend For A Reason

This past weekend was quite busy and we planned it that way for a reason. This past weekend was suppose to have been attempt #3 for frozen embryo transfer. After we had to cancel attempt #3 due to me losing my teaching job (therefore lack of income) we decided to keep busy during the weekend to keep our minds off of the subject. It worked pretty well as I didn't even think about it until I looked at the calendar last night  and saw it crossed off. What did we do to keep busy???

Well, we decided to book a tour of Target Field (Home of the MN Twins!). We got to see things we don't get to see when we go to the games. Many of the things, such as box seats and special events rooms, we will probably never experience. However, it was great to see them. After the tour, we met up with Adam's second cousin Aaron and his girlfriend Jessie. (Adam's dad and Aaron's dad are cousins). We had dinner at Hell's Kitchen in downtown Minneapolis. It was nice to eat in a restaurant that we don't have where we live. Once we finished dinner, we walked to the Target on Nicollet. We've been to Targets before (heck, it's almost a weekly thing in our house), but at this Target there was an escalator since there were two floor. There was also an escalator for the carts which was a sight for Adam and I to see! It was pretty neat. On the way home Adam and I stopped at a Dairy Queen since there's a special on Blizzards now. We ended up watching Snow White and the Huntsman when we got home. It made the day complete. Saturday was a great day and I got to spend it with my best friend. :)


On Sunday I went to church. My sister (and niece and nephew) came over for lunch and brought pizza. She and I went to a winery in a town about 20 miles from our city with a few of her friends. Adam was in charge of watching my niece and nephew while we were gone (my brother-in-law was playing in a softball tournament). The wine tasting was a pretty good deal. $5 to try 5 different wines (all 5 would be the equivalent of one glass of wine). Most of the wines were pretty good. Water and crackers were also included. While I didn't know two out of the other three girls, I still had a good time. I really enjoyed spending time with my other best friend - my sister! Other than the wine tasting, Sunday was pretty much a lazy day for me and Adam.
Noah ended up taking a nap while he was with Uncle Adam. Good thing he's little otherwise he probably wouldn't have fit in the chair. 


Now that our busy weekend has come to an end, it's time to finish up the last week of September. It's actually the last week of the first quarter for my school (we are a year-round school and started at the end of July). I'll have the first three weeks of October off, but hope to teach during the intersession (one week, M-F, 8:45-11:45) and do some subbing. I'm sure October will go by as fast as September has, which is fine by me. I don't like to wish time to go by fast, but this year I do. I want it to be spring so that I can apply for teaching positions in the district. I want a teaching job again so that I can have a bigger income and hopefully try for another embryo transfer. Though, I still hope every day that my body will start to work on it's own and I won't need to spend $$$$ trying to get pregnant and I'll just end up pregnant on my own. It's wishful thinking, but it can't hurt, right? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment