Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October

I am now in my second week of a three week break from school (one of the perks to working in a year-round school, plus my checks are spaced out equally like teachers so I'm not losing out on pay). Last week I got to teach first graders during intersession. I LOVED it! It was great to get back in the classroom as a teacher and teach. I was pretty lucky in the fact that I averaged about 12-13 students a day, but it made for a great teaching experience compared to where I last taught. I am definitely looking forward to the next intersession in January!

Now that I am done teaching for the intersession week I now have opportunity to substitute in the district. I didn't sub on Monday and on Tuesday I went to a teacher workshop so I was unable to sub. Today I agreed to watch one of my nieces (one year old) while my SIL and BIL are doing a party at Chuck E, Cheese for my other niece since she's 4 today. Tomorrow I have a sub job in a 3rd grade classroom! I'm a bit nervous as it's a whole set of new kids. I'm sure I'll be ok since I have been working with 3rd graders this year. Maybe I'll have a sub job for Friday too. Have to wait and see.

This past weekend we (my dad came to help us) dug out our garden (about 18" deep) because there was a lot of gravel, rocks and poor quality dirt. We didn't have things grow in our garden as well as we had hoped for this past summer. We filled the garden back up with compost and the top soil that we had originally put on the garden last spring. Hopefully, with all the compost in our garden, we will have a good crop of veggies next year.

-----------

We are started to plan financially for the next three years since Adam is hoping to get into his choice school for sonography. If he gets in, he will start next fall and continue in the program for 21 months. While that would be really great for him, it will be a financial burden on us because he would be going to school 40+ hours a week (M-F, daytime hours). That means he'd have to work weekends only, if they'll even allow him to work that few of hours. That also means we lose insurance benefits (or pay for them, which we will do). We are praying that I will get a teaching job for next fall, because there is no way we will be able to live with me working 25 hours as a para and him only working 16 hours a week (if they'll even give him that). Three years from now we should be financially set. Adam will be done with school and I should hopefully have a teaching job. Until then, the next three years will be financially stressful.

With all of this being the case, it doesn't seem feasible to attempt at another embryo transfer for a long time. We will still try on our own for the next three years, but we can't afford medical help until Adam is done with school. That will make me 34 years old before we can attempt another transfer. Oh, that makes me sad :( I pray we can get pregnant on our own, but I have a feeling prayers might not be enough. Until then, we will enjoy our time with all of our nieces and nephews.

-------

I officially become a grad student again when I start my classes on November 3. The first few months will be hectic as we meet three times (all Saturdays) in November and then a full weekend plus one Saturday in December. I will find out more in the next few weeks once I get my information packet in the mail. I should hopefully be done with school and have my K-12 Reading license before Christmas 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment