Thursday, June 13, 2013

IVF Update

We had an appointment yesterday about what we are going to do next for IVF. I will be taking drugs to start a new cycle. I'll do blood work on Day 3 and have to have an ultrasound to get a follicle count. I will then start birth control pills until I start drugs for the next IVF round. (Date still undetermined until after blood work, but I'm hoping for August.) I will once again take drugs to stimulate my ovaries to produce multiple eggs. They will retrieve the eggs and then mix them with Adam's sperm. God willing we get many embryos as they will grow all to blastocyst stage (5 day old embryos). Those that reach the stage will have 1 cell biopsied from each and then frozen. They will do genetic testing on all cells obtained. The will not implant any embryos until the results are back (hence the reason for freezing the embryos). Again, I'm not sure when they'll be able to implant two embryos (They will only implant two embryos for each transfer. Once I turn 35, they'll transfer three embryos at one time - I hope to be done with IVF by the time I'm 35!!), but hoping for September or October. Only time will tell, and we need to be patient, which I'm still working on. :)

1 comment:

Post a Comment