Sunday, June 2, 2013

It's June!

The school year has flown by and we are now coming up on the final week! Four days of students and a teacher workday on Friday. It's been a wonderful experience that I am grateful to have had. I never thought I'd job share a classroom, but it was an enjoyable experience. It was both our first year in the district (though we both have had many years of teaching experience) so we were able to lean on each other when we didn't know something. As many know, I did get a FULL TIME position next year in the district!!!! I'm really excited to get to teach 1st grade again next year. I will be at a different school, but nonetheless, I'm super excited! :)

 .... A year ago I was packing up my kindergarten classroom at the charter school not knowing what I was going to do for a job in the fall. At the time I was not worried as I knew I was doing the right thing by leaving that school. I had a few interviews in surrounding districts later in June but none landed me a job. In July, I decided to apply for a paraprofessional position at a year-round school. I wasn't really looking forward to subbing because I like to know what I am doing on a day-to-day basis. I'm too Type A to not know what I'm doing every day. I like to get to know kids and their families so subbing wasn't for me. I started as a para at the end of July and worked through 1st quarter (end of September), subbed a few times during their break between quarters, and taught during the mornings for a week with students who need extra help. During this break I saw a few half-time teaching positions available in the district. I wasn't sure I would get any of the positions but I did! I started teaching in the afternoons at the end of October. While I enjoyed having less teaching responsibilities this year, I do miss having my own classroom. I'm grateful I had such a great teaching partner! We really worked well together and the kids didn't seem to mind having two teachers. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month is going to be a busy one! Adam doesn't have a free weekend with no plans. This past weekend we had a Twins game with my family and then watched our nieces on Adam's side during the day while their parents went to the game.  Next weekend Adam has a weekend of guards, the following weekend we are going to the Dells with my sister and her family, the next weekend we are going to west Minnesota to attend a family wedding, and the last weekend Adam works. Whew! Weekends fill up fast!

We also have a doctor appointment to discuss our next steps for IVF. I'll also be tutoring two boys this summer. Adam and I will be taking our niece Ellie and nephew Noah to a Twins game during the week toward the end of the month. Other than that, I'll be busy planning for summer school as I will be doing that four mornings a week for four weeks.

Time to get busy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment