Sunday, January 5, 2014

1st Trimester

Below are photos from the day pregnancy was confirmed by blood work at 4 weeks up until last week at 13 weeks. I'm officially in the 2nd trimester at 14 weeks so I'll post more photos once that trimester is over. I switched from my regular pants to maternity pants around 10-11 weeks. I haven't switched to maternity tops, but I did put on maternity tank tops today. It's nice not to have clothes super snug right now. My favorite pants so far are my maternity yoga pants. I could live in them every day! Thankfully I've ordered another pair so I can alternate. I have khaki and black maternity work pants for teaching, but when I get home from school, it's all about comfort! I'm thankful my breasts haven't grown larger yet. I can still fit into my bras. I'm not even sure if they make maternity bras past my size. I don't know if I'll need to go up in band size or just cup size. Only time will tell. Until then, I'm glad it's just my belly expanding.

 I can eat most foods, but I'm not a fan of most meats. I can eat hamburger, but turkey, chicken and ham have been turn offs. I can eat Canadian bacon on my pizza, but it's probably because it is sliced thin. Fruits have been my favorite food so far as well as Cheerios (been my favorite cereal for years). I'm getting all the food groups in that the dietitian recommended for me at my last appointment, but the amount of servings I need for carrying twins is not being met yet. As long as I slowly increase my food intake, I should be okay. I've gained about 8 pounds since week 4. Not sure what I'll be at for my 15 week appointment on Friday. I don't weigh myself at home. I'll leave that up to the doctors. I'm looking forward to my appointment on Friday as the babies should be looking more like babies in the ultrasound!    



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know someone who wears a 44J nursing bra. You'll be fine.

Post a Comment