I finally got my foot in the door in the school district in my city!! It's only a paraprofessional ("A person to whom a particular aspect of a professional task is delegated but who is not licensed to practice as a fully qualified..." ~ I am actually over-qualified for this position since I have a Masters in Education) position for 4.25 hours a day. While I'm a bit bummed it's not teaching, I'm okay with it since it will be in the district I grew up in and want to work in. I have a foot in the door! The HR lady told me yesterday when she extended me the job offer, that many teachers in the district started out as a para. I'm hoping I'm headed in the right direction!
Yesterday morning I cancelled our embryo transfer that was set for end of September. It was hard to do, but it was the right thing to do. The money we have in savings for the transfer will be used to pay bills since my income was literally cut in half, if not more. We will call Mayo back when we are ready to start back again. In the meantime, our 11 embryos will remain frozen until we start again. While we aren't planning on getting pregnant, but we won't be preventing it from happening either. My chances of getting pregnant on my own are slim so I won't get my hopes up. It's been 100 days since I last started a cycle. (Two negative pregnancy tests in the meantime; the last being just this past week.) The doctor said I didn't have to take any drugs to get a period so I won't be. I want to see what my body will do on its own without drugs. Once I get a teaching job or Adam finishes school (whichever brings us more income first) we'll start infertility treatments again if we haven't gotten pregnant on our own.
I start work tomorrow! (This particular school in the district is a year-round school. 45 days on/15 days off). They start earlier than the rest of the district, but end on the same day. I will be working with 3-5 graders in small groups for reading and math. I will also have cafeteria and playground duty. I'm happy to be working with the older kids since all my experience has been with Kindergarten and first grade. The nice thing about this position is that the hours are from 10:20-2:35pm. It gives me a chance to sleep in (I get to sleep past 7am!) and still get out early afternoon. While the hours and pay aren't ideal, I still get to work with kids and I'm pretty happy about that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment