Friday, July 27, 2012

I Love My Job!

I can honestly say that I LOVE my job (though it doesn't feel like work)! I love where I am working (a REAL school!) and I love the people I'm working with. The kids are awesome and so well behaved (much different than the last school I was at!). I feel so blessed to be part of the school district and hope that this is only the beginning. I'm starting to remember names of the students. It will be a task as there are over 300 kids in the school. Since I will be working with 3-5th graders, their names will come first. I do see all the students at least once a day as I help with the hot lunches. It's a task I was use to doing at my last school so it was pretty easy to step into place. I have seen lots of familiar faces, many in the third grade. Three of the kids were in the two year old/three year old classroom when I work at KinderCare. It's great to see them so grown up! Other kids are those where I know their parents. I've only worked three days so far, but I know it's going to be a great year! I'm so much happier and less stressed than I was at my old job (five years of stress!) One of the ladies at school asked if I had kids. I said that we were still working on it. She said there's something in the water at this school because several ladies have been pregnant in the past. I say, "Let me drink up!" if that's the case. I know being less stressed should help me out, but I won't count on it. I'll just focus on the kids at school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment