I must be getting healthier even though my body isn't showing it on the outside. At least none that I can see. I have been taking Metformin for over a year now to see if it would help with ovulation due to me having PCOS. Well, it hasn't (I don't know how anyone can ovulate when they only get a period every 4-5 months and need to take a drug just to induce a period) so I told the infertility doctors that I want to slowly get off of it. Last month I had a blood test to check my fasting glucose level. I've never really had high numbers as I don't have diabetes or insulin resistance as some PCOS women do. My body just has a hard time breaking down carbohydrates due to PCOS. Last month my glucose was 79. I was able to decrease my dosage from 2000mg (4 tablets) to 1500mg (3 tablets). Once I did that, the side effects decreased dramatically. No more runny #2 when I ate things like lettuce or greasy food. (TMI I know.) Today I went in for another test and I though for sure my glucose would go up since the Metformin decreased. However, my level went from 79 to 71! I've also been going to the gym a lot more in the past few weeks so I'm sure that's been helping my glucose as well.
About a month and a half ago I had some lady come to my house to take my blood, height, weight, etc because I was signing up for life insurance. They need to know you aren't hiding any diseases I guess. Anyway, some of the things they checked were cholesterol and triglycerides. Both of those things were not the greatest back in late 2010. My numbers were borderline high for both. When I got my results back from this company, I was back in the normal range for both!!
I love carbs, but carbs do not love me. It's been hard to eat less of them and workout on a regular basis. However, I must say that I am going to the gym on a regular basis and eating smaller portions. I don't starve myself because I don't function on low calories and I love food too much. I eat from all the food groups. I'm not looking to drop weight in a fast manner or it will never stay off. I may not be skinny, but my clothes fit nicely and that's what I care about. I do have some jeans that I have saved from years and years ago. Someday I'll fit into them again, but I'm not going starve myself to get there. I love food too much to do so! In the end, I'm healthier on the inside, even if it doesn't show on the outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment