Friday, September 27, 2013

It Will Be Worth It

I have started the drugs necessary for the upcoming embryo transfer. I have to take Lupron to suppress my ovaries (no need to make eggs) and bring my estrogen level down until I start pills to thicken my lining. While I've been on Lupron many times before, the side effects still don't get any better. It causes headaches, night sweats and insomnia. (As well as swelling of the stomach from injecting it and bruises when you poke a vein by accident when injecting.) Being in teacher mode again I can't afford to lose sleep right now (yes I'm aware I'll lose sleep when I have a baby). I've been taking Benadryl at night to help me stay asleep (and help with allergies). However, getting up in the morning is a bit harder. Once I'm up though I'm good. I'm not complaining about all of this because I know that in the end, all that I've gone through will be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment