Sunday, October 30, 2011

Disheartening

I got some good news and bad news from the nurse this afternoon. Good news is that I don't have to give injections of any meds tonight. My tummy loves that news. Bad news is that my ovaries are beginning to show signs of hyper-stimulation. My bloodwork came back with estrogen numbers over 6,000. This is hyperstimulation range. Of course the numbers are also high because of the sheer number of follicles. Tomorrow I go in again for more bloodwork and another ultrasound of my ovaries. More bad news is that since I am hyperstimulated, they will retrieve my eggs, mix with my husband's sperm and freeze them. They will not transfer the embryos into me until next month when my ovaries have settled down. Not a good thing to tell a woman who is high on hormones! I'm angry and sad and just want to cry. Ok, I've already shed a few tears today, but wouldn't you if you were told you couldn't get pregnant, for the 11th month in a row? There's still a chance they could put them back in, but I highlt doubt it at this point. This really bothers me now because that means if pregnancy did occur, birth wouldn't happen until the very end of summer and I would have to miss the first 6 weeks of school. The first six weeks of school are crucial and I also financially can't afford to take 6 weeks off of work unpaid. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. On the brighter side, if there is one, I get the whole week off of work this week because I am in so much pain (I've been ordered to rest and be a "couch potato") and I'm waiting for all these procedures to happen this week. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment