Friday, October 28, 2011
A Little Relief
As the time is getting closer to the retrieval day and I am feeling lots more pressure/pain in my ovaries. The doctors have given me the ok to take the Vicodin I had left over from when I overstimulated during one of my other cycles. If this was a normal cycle (not IVF), the doctors would have canceled my cycle for risk of too many follicles maturing into eggs. However, since this is an IVF cycle, they want to harvest as many follicles/eggs as possible. Well, they'll have no problem doing that. I already had 13 follicles of pre-mature size on my left ovary and 5 follicles of pre-mature size on my right over, along with both ovaries having greater than 10 additional follicles on each side. Having said that, I have nearly 3 dozen follicles growing! No wonder I hurt!! Now we play the waiting game to have those pre-mature follicles get to the size the doctors want before injecting the drug to get me to ovulate and turn them into eggs! Until the retrieval day, Vicodin will remain my friend (bedtime only) and Tylenol during the day. I've also been put on weight/activity restrictions. No lifting over 25lbs and no activities so as not to harm my ovaries. Not a problem since I can't even walk my normal speed! Looking forward to getting the IVF cycle over with and hoping for some good news in the next few weeks or so! :)
Labels:
IVF
No comments:
Post a Comment