My ovaries are overstimulated. Surprise! Surprise! Ok, It's not really a surprise. Quick Update: I give the HcG shot tonight (well Adam does since it goes into a muscle) but only at 5,000iu (1ml) instead of 10,000iu (2ml). Retrieval day is Wednesday. They will be freezing the embryos and not putting them back in until January sometime. I have to wait to get a period after the retrieval, which could take at least 2 weeks. Then I have to go back on birth control for at least 25 days and start Lupron (drug to put ovaries to sleep in a sense). However, the Reproductive Endocrinology department shuts down over Christmas (and looks like beyond). So the nurse was saying the earliest I could go in for transfer is January 16. I'm not in the best of moods right now. I know it's for the better, but it really sucks right now. I hate having to wait another 2+ months for an attempt to get pregnant. Remember that there's no guarantee I'll get pregnant after the transfer. I am still in pain but painkillers are helping a bit. I hope surgery goes well on Wednesday. I'm not looking forward to the actually surgery part but hopefully it'll bring some relief to my ovaries.
I'm to the point right now that want to fast forward through the next couple of months and just wake up to the day of transfer. I know that's not going to happen so I'll do my best to survive the next few months without breaking down. Crying that is. It's already happened. It's going to continue to happen. I don't want to hear about anyone getting pregnant, though I'm sure it's bound to happen. Don't ask me: So when are you going to have kids?" I may not respond nicely.
I know this sounds like a really depressing post, but if you were in my shoes, you'd probably feel the same way. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll do my best to post something on a more positive note. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment