----------------------------------------------
I follow a few infertility blogs and one of them is for a woman who lives in MN and just had her first IVF done a few weeks ago. She had 22 eggs, they only inseminated 8 of those eggs and only 3 were fertilized embryos were created. She got to do a fresh transfer (I have to do a frozen one, although they thaw my embryos before transferring them). Only 2 of her embryos were transferred as one did not make it. Well she posted today that she had an early miscarriage. her embryos did not stick . Her first IVF cycle failed. That scares me a lot! I want to be optimistic that it will work on the first try for me, but it's hard. I want to think that I have better odds for the following reasons:
1)I go to the Mayo Clinic. I feel they are the best at everything they do! While that may not have anything to do with my odds of my embryos sticking, I want to think it does.
2) I had 23 eggs, 20 were inseminated and we got 16 embryos out of all of that. I am hoping with the odds of having 16 viable embryos, we will have a better chance of sticking.
3) I have no more reasons, but faith. I have to have it in order to get through all of this.
I could really use everyone's prayers right now. I have got to keep believing that this will work!
* I want to add as I thought about this after I posted. I remember reading about how her doctors thought she might overstimulate. She had 22 eggs retrieved. That's a lot. I had 23 retrieved and I had severe OHSS. That's why my doctors decided to freeze our embryos and not transfer two back into me. The odds of them surviving with me having OHSS were slim to none. They were smart about it. I wish her doctors would have done that for her. Maybe her embryos would have stood a chance if her ovaries would have had a chance to calm down. Now I don't know for sure if she had OHSS or not, but from the sound of the quantity of eggs removed, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of OHSS. I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors. I'm sorry that she has to go through what she is.
No comments:
Post a Comment