Saturday, November 12, 2011
Paracentesis & Thoracentesis
What in the world is that you may ask? Well, the paracentesis is when the drained fluid from my abdomen and the throacentesis is when they drained fluid from my lungs. I had each procedure done twice. So that means I was numbed and poked/stuck four times. Not my idea of fun considering the thoracentesis was done in my back between the ribs. The pain afterward is worse than the tummy! You can google the procedures to see what they're like. Even though they weren't fun, they brought me relief of my major pain. In five days (a Monday, a Tuesday and a Friday) I had a total of 4,250ml of fluid removed from my body. That's the equivalent to a gallon and pint of fluid. 3,650ml was removed from my abdomen and 600ml was removed from my lungs. They removed less from the lung area because it's obviously a smaller cavity than the abdomen. Even so, after the fluid was removed from my lung area on Friday (yesterday) I slept much better and coughed a lot less during the night. I am still sore on the sight where the drained the fluid but I'm sure it'll go away in a few days. My abdomen is feeling loads better than it did the past week. I can still feel pain near ovaries if I move wrong, but that'll be the case until they shrink back to their normal size. Since my ovaries are slowly shrinking, it means the fluid is accumulating less in my body. Yay! I will be returning to work on Monday. It'll be nice to see my kindergarteners again. I am afraid for all the hugs this time. I hope my abdomen can hold up from all the squeezes! Now I just have to patiently wait for the next two months to go by until the transfer of two embryos. Hopefully I don't hear too many people getting pregnant in the meantime. It's depressing to think about how next week I would have found out if IVF had worked if they had transfered the embroys as previously planned. Now I have to wait even longer. Boo. Good thing I have Thanksgiving, a niece's birthday, my birthday and Christmas/New Years all before then! I will be occupied and content. :)
Labels:
OHSS
No comments:
Post a Comment