Sunday, February 19, 2012
Cell Phone Dilema
I've never had any problems with an iPhone until recently. I bought my first iPhone (3G) in Nov. 2008 and fell in love with it instantly. I had kept that phone until June 2010 when I upgraded to an iPhone 4. This is the phone that I started having problems with this past week or so. The button on top of the phone became stuck. This button allows you to shut off your phone or lock the screen. I didn't mind that the screen didn't lock (it automatically locks after a minute of non-use) as much as I hated that I couldn't shut my phone off. So yesterday we took my phone to the nearest Apple Store (Mall of America) which was still almost an hour and a half away from home. The replaced my phone with a brand new phone. I was happy that I had a top button that worked again. My happiness was short lived. As we were driving home from the mall, I tried playing a YouTube video for a song we had just heard on the radio. Barely two seconds into the song, the song made a scratchy sound and then went silent. I could no longer hear anything coming from my phone. I got home and backed up the phone to the settings from my old phone. I hoped that by doing that I'd have the sound return. It didn't. I called Apple Care and told them my situation. The lady had the nerve to ask me if the side button (to put on silence) was on. I'm not that stupid! However, I guess there are people who are, so that's why she asked. She told me to restore my phone back to factory settings and that Apple would call me back in a hour to see if the issue had fixed. Sure enough, my phone was still silent (I could still hear someone talking to me on the phone, but could not hear the phone ring.) When the Apple peeps called me back they gave me options of either going back to the store the exchange (again) or wait for a replacement to come in the mail and then send my phone back. I'm not one for having patience so I opted to drive all the way back to the Mall of America for a phone that had sound. I arrived at the mall about 45 minutes prior to my appointment time (driving up there and finding parking didn't take as long as I thought it would). However, I still couldn't be seen until my appointment time due to the rush of people already being helped. In the end, I ended up getting a new phone that worked and got a $50 iTunes gift card out of the deal for all my troubles. While that doesn't pay for the tank of gas I used yesterday, it still helps lift my spirits because I get to listen to new music now. :o)
Labels:
just because
No comments:
Post a Comment