Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting to Know You...Valentine's Day Style!

In honor of Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share a little more about Adam and I. I found this post on a friend's blog I follow:  Blessings Abound

So here's a chance to get to know me a little better - Valentine's Day style!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?



We have been together for almost 2 years and married for almost 1. Our wedding day was one year from the day we first connected with each other on match.com!


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}



We "met" online on February 26, 2010, messaged each other for a while, then texted like crazy until our first date on March 8, 2010. We cooked chicken tetrazzini at his place on our first date. We became inseparable from that point on! 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}



We have been married for almost 1 year! Our anniversary is in 12 days! :o)



4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?



We got married at my church in town and our reception was at a Marriott ballroom. We had around 200 guests show, so I guess that would be considered a medium to large wedding. 



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We call each other "hun" but that's about it. 


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

I love so many things but here are a few of the top ones!
1. I love his eyes - it was one of the first things I notices about him

2. I love how he doesn't think of himself and takes care of his family
3. I love that we can cook together


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It was June 12, 2010, a mere 3 months after our first date. He borrowed his friend's chiropractic table to give me a massage after I got home from a day of grad school. Adam is pretty good at giving me a weekly massage so it wasn't a surprise to get one. The surprise was him slipping the engagement ring on my finger during the massage. ;)


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Well, since this is only our second V-day together, we don't really have a tradition yet. Last year we cooked dinner and made a dessert together. Not sure what we'll do this year. Probably the same :)


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Both! However, since we can't afford a honeymoon every year, I'll settle for a movie :)


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Become parents! That's our number one thing we'd both like! We would also like to travel somewhere out of the county again someday.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

Staying home, waiting for hubby to get off work and then probably cooking dinner and watching a movie or TV. 


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

Nope! I don't expect anything either since our anniversary is so close to V-day. I already received my anniversary present and it can cover V-day as well!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Don't go to bed mad at each other (something we've never had to deal with!). Talk to each other. Listen to each other. Compromise. Make time for each other. The rest will fall into place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment