Sunday, March 25, 2012

Contemplating Needles

I can tell I am getting toward the end of this round of needles. My stomach is starting to reject the needles ~ I can't find a spot that doesn't hurt on the first try anymore. Luckily, I only have tomorrow morning left to give myself a shot. However, it got me thinking about what I should do if I do end up getting pregnant. If I am pregnant after the transfer, I have the choice to either continue the  progesterone suppositories 3x a day for 10 weeks (210 messy suppositories) or switch over to progesterone oil shots in the muscle 1x a day (70 shots overall). I have a feeling I will tear up over every shot (trust me, the ones in the muscle hurt a LOT more than the ones in the stomach, AND it's a bigger needle!) On the positive side, Adam will have to give me the shots so he'll just find a spot and go. If I continue to take the 3 daily suppositories (which I start the day of the transfer) after a positive test, I have to deal with 10 weeks of mess (your body heats up the suppositories so they melt and drip right out). There is no proof that one works better than the other, so which one would you do? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment