I just got up from a 4 hour nap. Not sure if I was tired from the 5:30 wake-up, the 5 drug combo this morning or a little bit of both! I took a nap before the transfer (I still don't know why they have you report so early when you don't go down for over an hour and a half.) The transfer itself lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was back up to my room about 9am and had to lay there for an hour. I fell asleep once again. Around 10am I got to get up and have Adam drive me home. I must say the worst part about all of this transfer process is having to have a full bladder. They require you to have a full bladder prior to transfer so that it is easier to transfer the embryos in. For me to keep a full bladder stinks! I'm always having to go to the bathroom and when you're told you can't, it makes you want to go even more! Well this time I was able to hold it until my hour of rest was up (no bed pan for me!)
Once we got home, Adam made cinnamon rolls (the Pillsbury refrigerated roll kind - my favorite!). After we ate Adam took Rocky to the dog park while I went to bed. While I was sleeping Adam and Rocky came back and Adam got ready for work. He left for work while I was sleeping (still!). So it's now me and Rocky until Adam gets off work at 10pm. I'm feeling a little less tired now, but I've started my one can of Diet Coke for the day. I'll be good in a little bit. :o)
I plan to take it easy (not that I don't normally do when I'm off from school). I might veg on the couch today or try to complete some sewing projects. That's what I did between the last failed transfer and now. It made the 9 week wait go by faster. At least I don't have to wait 9 weeks to find out if it work! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment