Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Baby!

Today my good friend Nicole finally had her baby!!! The little boy arrived at 4:16 am, weighed 8lbs, 12oz and was 21 inches long. I am super happy for her and can't wait to meet the little guy! Nicole and I have been friends for almost 5 years. We met when I started teaching at my school. She was the first grade teacher at that time (she's now the Academic Dean/librarian). We both got divorced around the same time (late 2008) and became closer friends after our divorces. We both tried the dating thing, but neither of us could be happy at the same time. When I ever I had found someone who was interested in me, she couldn't. However, when she found someone, I didn't have anyone. It was a vicious cycle! Then I met Adam and we ended up getting married. She had just broken up with her boyfriend of six months a few months after Adam and I got engaged. Before either of us had started dating, we had both talked about wanting kids. She was 35 at the time and I was 28. She decided she was going to go ahead and have a baby on her own (sperm donor) if she never found the right guy. I told her if I wasn't remarried by 35, I'd probably be doing the same thing. Well, I did get remarried before 35 (at the age of 29). Nicole still hadn't found anyone after her last boyfriend so she decided to go ahead on her own and have a baby. After several tries she finally conceived her little bundle of joy. She is now a single mother at the age of 37. I couldn't be more happy for her! I am so proud of her for doing what she did and I know she will be an amazing mom!...So now we've talked about how we were never happy with the same things at the same time; so now that I'm married and she has a baby, she'll find a man and I'll finally get pregnant! It could happen, right? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment