April 24: something you're grateful for ~ Health Insurance (and doubly grateful for double insurances, even though only one covers infertility expenses!)
I've been doing a "photo a day" every day in April, via an idea I found on Pinterest. While I am totally grateful for my husband (which is really what I am most grateful for), I decided that since he was my photo of the day for "someone who makes you happy," I decided to photograph something different. I am extremely grateful that I have two insurances. While I have double coverage for most things, I do not have double coverage for infertility expenses. Health Partners does not cover anything and Mayo Medical Plan covers 50% for a maximum lifetime of $15,000. Once we hit $15,000, we are on our own and have no more coverage for infertility. I am not sure how much we have left of our maximum, but I am pretty sure we've used up close to half, if not 2/3 of it. Once it's used up, we will figure out a way to finance our baby-making plans. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment