Wednesday, April 11, 2012
A New Day
Well, today went much smoother than yesterday! My aide returned so of course my kids were good. She has a way with them. (Background info: I teach at a school where we are comprised of almost 100% East-African-American families. My aide, as well as all the other aides at our school, are of similar ethnicity). I love my aide. She has been with the school for six or seven years. I have been there almost five. She knows a lot of the parents and/or families of the students. My students tend to listen to her more when they are being naughty. I also really think that if I had 20 students instead of 28 students, my behaviors would lessen. My room would be less crowded, therefore they probably wouldn't act out as much. Oh, how I loved the winter days where 6 or 7 kids were absent due to illness. Those days were much calmer....Of course I'm still exhausted after another day of teaching. It really wears you out, especially after being relaxed for 10 days! Thank goodness the weekend is only 2 more days away. Date night is Sunday night at Red Lobster (gift cards!). Yummy! :)
Labels:
school
No comments:
Post a Comment