Wednesday, April 18, 2012

At Peace

I think I am at peace with our decisions regarding infertility treatments. We've set a date for this fall for the next FET (frozen embryo transfer). They will thaw 5 of the 6 embryos that we have left (the 1 lone one is a blastocyst from a re-freeze). Out of the 5 they thaw, they will transfer 2 blastocysts (possible 3 embryos if they don't quite make it to the blastocyst stage). They will re-freeze any embryos that make it to blastocyst beside the ones they transfer. If none are left to re-freeze, the one lone blastocyst may be thawed for a 4th attempt should we need it. So with the embryos we have left, we have a minimum of 2 transfers left before I'd have to create more eggs.

In the meantime, I am giving my body a break from fertility drugs, including birth control. Since I don't get a period on my own in a regular time frame, the doctor said I could take a pill that would give me a period. I can do this anywhere from 6-8 weeks (depending on how long I want to go w/o a period) from cycle day 1 before I take the pills. I'd have to take a pregnancy test before starting them. So this summer I will be hormonal drug free and trying baby making the good old fashion way ;) With any luck, we could end up pregnant on our own, but I won't expect it. I'm going to try to remain stress-free the best I can and keep busy with anything and everything.

Next up, our first Twin's game of the season next Wednesday night! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment