Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Busy Weekend

This weekend went by really fast as it was filled with activities. Sitting down now is probably the first time I've really been able to sit down this weekend.

Friday Night

  • I took a two hour nap after work as I was exhausted from the week.
  • Adam and I had an impromptu date night at the McDonald's near our house. They recently remodeled (tore down and rebuilt) it. We hadn't eaten inside since the re-do so we decided head there for dinner and ice cream cones. 
  • Adam was busy getting his army things ready for his weekend away for guards.
Saturday
  • Adam was up at 3:00am to get ready and be up at guards before 8:00am. 
  • I was up at 7:00am for my first day back at Sargent's. (Way too early for me on a weekend!) I will work weekends that Adam works or is away at guards and weekdays in the summer that Adam works. That way I still get some time off with Adam during the summer. Plus, make some money to go toward the next FET.
  • After work I ended up baby-sitting for two of my nieces on my husband's side. Their parents hadn't been a date in a really long time and I was happy to watch the girls. Zoe and I read books, played Chutes and Ladders (as much as you can with a 3 year old) and watch Backyardigans and part of Happy Feet. Neela didn't get to play games but still got to join in on the rest of the fun :)

Zoe spinning on her turn.

Sunday
  • I was up early again because I had to be to church at 8:30am for warm-up practice before the service for hand bell choir.
  • After church I came home and decided to plant our veggies in the garden. We had started them indoors the last week of March (yes, it was probably too early but I had spring fever!) and they were getting to big to keep inside. Hopefully, they survive the outdoors, but if not, we can always buy more seeds. :)
We're hoping to get some good veggies this summer!
  • After planting, I showered, ran errands, re-organized the freezers, did some laundry, emptied the dishwasher, baked banana bread and got things ready for dinner just as my husband came home.
Our inside freezer (I also did the big freezer in the garage)

Let's just say tonight will be an early bedtime for the both of us! I'm hoping this week at school will be less stressful than last week. We have our first Twins game of the season to look forward to on Wednesday night! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment