I've made it to the gym two days in a row now! While it's nothing major to what I've done before, it's a start back in the right direction. It's great to feel motivated after working out again. I have a "goal" (more like making a life change and sticking to it) to lose weight and maintain it. I shouldn't have anything standing in my way (except food, haha!) since I don't plan to do another transfer until September (still have to talk to docs about that first). That means my body will finally be rid of fertility drugs for at least 4 months! Since I don't have any baby news to look forward to I have my mindset on losing 20lbs and at least a bra cup size (This DD business is crap!). Not sure of my breasts will shrink or not, but I've read (not sure if it's true) that "hormonal influences on the breast (particularly estrogen and progesterone) may influence a woman's breast size"...Well, considering I was on birth control for many, many years, there's probably a good reason why my breast increased in size back in college! Hopefully, being hormonal-drug free for a few months, exercising, and eating right (which I've been pretty good at) will help me achieve my goals. I'll get back to you on progress mid-summer or whenever I make some good progress. It all takes time :)
2 comments:
Do they think there is any tie between your infertility issues and being on birth control for "many many years"?
That I am not sure about. I didn't have regular cycles before I went on birth control either. I believe I was 13 or 14 before I got my first period and I never really kept track of it in high school. Probably because I didn't get it often. I went on birth control from age 18 to 25 (various kinds) and then took a break from it when I was trying to get pregnant during my first marriage. I was off birth control for almost 2 years then. When I got divorced I went back on birth control and was on it until shortly before my wedding with my husband now. I guess I'll have to wait and see if being drug free again will help or not. I don't really ever want to go back on birth control with all the troubles I've had conceiving. I figure, if I get pregnant, it'd be great at this point.
Post a Comment