Friday, January 20, 2012

FET Happened!

Today, January 20, 2012, we finally had two embryos implanted into my uterus! The nurses let us know yesterday that we would need to report to the hospital at 7:00am on Friday (1/20/12). While I am not a morning person, I was super excited to get up this morning! I had to have a moderately full bladder for the transfer (not an easy task for someone who has to pee all the time as it is!) The nurse gave my a Valium to relax my body for the transfer (they do this for all transfer patients). Mix that with the medications I already had to take before I arrived at the hospital (prenatal, allergy pill, estrogen and progesterone pills) and I was most definitely relaxed (minus the fact I couldn't use a bathroom!). I was 2nd case for transfers so I was carted down to the OR around 8:45. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes. Adam was with me the whole time. Once the embryos were transferred I shed some tears of joy because I just pray that those embryos stick and turn into at least one beautiful little baby. If we end up with two, we'll take it! Our chances of getting pregnant are 50-60%. Doesn't seem like much, but compare to the 12-16% we were dealing with during our other fertility treatments I think our odds are in our favor. If we are pregnant, our chance of having twins is about 25%. I was able to go home after laying in the bed for an hour in my room at the hospital. It's good to be home and to be a bum this weekend. The two week wait is going to take forever! Adam says I can't tell anyone outside of the family until 12 weeks so this post won't actually be posted until 12 weeks if it works. If it doesn't work, I'm sure you'll see this post appear sooner than that. Here's to hoping our prayers are answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment