My mom had a table cloth that she made at least 10 years ago, if not more. It was a simple piece of valentine fabric. She cut it into the shape of an oval (that's what the kitchen table shape is) and added a red "lace" ribbon around the outside. She decided that she wanted to change her table cloth into a table runner. She really like the table runners I made her for Christmas. So we went shopping at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and she bought a coordinating fabric to add to the fabric she already had from the table cloth. I asked what she wanted me to do with the rest of the fabric since there'd be extra after making a table runner. She wanted me to make a couple place mats using the remainder of the material but I'd have to get more fabric in other colors. I made a trip to JoAnn's today and got the remaining fabric that I needed. I finished the table runner earlier this afternoon and have been working on the place mats this evening. I am almost finished and will add a picture to this post when I finish. I wish I would have taken a before shot of the table cloth, but you'll see the fabric once I post pictures.
I made her two table cloths.
The table runner. The center piece is the original fabric from her old table cloth.
A close up of the runner.
No comments:
Post a Comment