1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I went to a tropical island - it was heavenly! I also got my Master of Education! :)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember making any resolutions, but I had the goal of becoming pregnant. That didn't happen so I'll make that a goal for this year. I also have a resolution to go to the gym a minimum of three times a week.
3. Did anyone close to you have a child? My sister had my nephew in May and my sister-in-law had my niece in September. Other than those two, it seems like almost EVERYONE was announcing they were pregnant. Not what an infertile person wants to keep hearing.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. Where did you travel? We spent our first vacation together in Negril, Jamaica for our honeymoon and then we spent a few days in the summer in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Motivation to keep up with going to the gym on a regular basis. Now that the weight is sliding off, it's my motivation to keep going to the gym.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory? February 26, 2011 ~ The day I married my best friend and love of my life. ;)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my Master of Education!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting pregnant even with all the infertility treatments I endured. I feel like a failure because my body doesn't function like most women.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? OHSS ~ Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome. I was hospitalized for a few days following my egg retrieval surgery for IVF.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Our puppy Rocky, even though it was technically an adoption fee. He is the best thing that has happened to our little family and keeps me company when Adam works evenings and is away for Guards.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'd have to say my sister, for her generosity. We asked family for gift cards for Christmas since we didn't really want anything for ourselves. We wanted to use the gift cards for a baby once we get pregnant because we won't be able to buy a lot of things since we've spent so much on infertility treatments. She said that she would give us all of her things from her kids for free. I thought that was a really generous thing of her to do.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I am appalled by some of the things people post on Facebook about their lives. I'm not really depressed by anyone's behavior but it is depressing hearing about people getting pregnant. I'm happy for them though because I want them to be happy for me when it's my turn to get pregnant.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mayo Clinic and the pharmacies. We spent about the same on infertility as we did our house payments for an entire year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My wedding day!..The trip to Jamaica!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011? Not sure. I listen to a lot of music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) about the same, last year I had a wedding to look forward to and now I have the FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) to look forward to. I'm being VERY optimistic that it will work!. b)thinner! I'm down 15 lbs so far! c) Richer but more debt. Sure we got raises like we do every year, but I didn't get a raise for my Masters so now I have student loan debt up to wazoo and no extra income to pay it back.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend more time with Adam but it's hard when we different shifts.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying about other people getting pregnant.
20. How did you spend Christmas? In Marshall with my husband's family (both his immediate family and his mom's side) and then back home with my parents and sister's family the day after Christmas.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011? I fall more in love with Adam every day! And I also fell in love with our puppy Rocky and our new nephew and niece.
22. What was your favorite TV program? NCIS, American Idol, and occasionally Glee
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. I would definitely say there are people who annoy my more now than they did last year.
24. What was the best book you read? The Hunger Games series was the only books I read for pleasure and I and enjoyed them all.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Not sure.
26. What did you want and get? A fabulous husband! ;)
27. What did you want and not get? a baby :(
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Not sure I like a lot.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 this year and my husband and sister threw me a surprise party. It was very sweet of them.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting pregnant!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? In a rut. I'm 30, but I don't want to dress like I'm 40+ or in my teens/20s. Yet I still need to dress professionally for school. I added a few tops to my wardrobe this year as well as fit into some of my old pants!
32. What kept you sane? Know that there are people who are worse off than me and that just because I didn't get pregnant, it's not the end of the world. I did a lot of sewing over the summer and made some digital scrapbooks too. Now the gym is keeping me sane by focusing my attention off of infertility.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Totally don't care about celebrities anymore. Really couldn't even begin to come up with someone for this.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Can't say I watch the news much. It's not like I'm a social studies teacher and need to know this stuff, right? :)
35. Who did you miss? My husband when he's gone for two weeks at guards every summer and I miss my grandma Lubahn. I made a lot of sewing accomplishments this past year and I wish she was here for me to share those things with her. She was the sewer of the family.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I'd have to say the rest of the RE (reproductive endocrinology) team so that it didn't matter which doctor I was talking to because they all had worked with me and all shared ideas for my treatments. Go teamwork!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011. Move on. Life is too short to stress out about the little things. Breathe. (Stole this from my friend, but it's so true!)
No comments:
Post a Comment